Improve Your At-Home Dental Care
- Posted on: Mar 30 2015
Daily at-home dental care, in addition to profession cleaning twice a year, will protect your smile from gum disease and tooth decay. Dental visits also allow your dentist to diagnose conditions of the jaw, bones or even detect oral cancer risks early.
Maintaining good oral hygiene at home is equally as important and very easy to do. It is not expensive and can prevent costly, time intensive dental treatments down the road. In order to avoid extra dental treatments, discomfort and even bills in the future it is important to take good care of your teeth at home, every day.
- Brush twice a day, with fluoride toothpaste. For added benefit brush after every meal.
- Make sure to brush for 3-5 minutes. Most patients brush for only a number of seconds.
- Floss at least once a day, twice a day if you’re able.
- Rinse with a fluoride mouth rinse daily.
- Limit sugar intake, especially drinks high in acid and sugar such as sodas.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or after any illness.
With proper care at home and regular checkups, you should enjoy a lifetime of healthy smiles. Contact us to schedule your next appointment today.
Posted in: Dental Care