Everyone wants a beautiful smile and feeling confident about our teeth and smile is essential. And most of us could use some help in attaining that perfect smile. Forty years ago, there was one option for teeth straightening, but today’s technological advances provide new options. Clear orthodontics aligners – like Invisalign treatment in Brookline MA – is becoming a popular alternative to braces.
Braces are still an option but they are not the only one. Braces use brackets connected to one another by wires, which move teeth slowly over time by pulling teeth in a new direction. The brackets come in metal and clear plastic.
Orthodontic aligners, like Invisalign treatment in Brookline MA, rethink teeth straightening. They are form-fitting, custom-made retainers that slowly change the position of the teeth over time by moving them in a similar way to how braces work.
But, Invisalign is conveniently removable and transparent, making them virtually invisible. Because they are custom-made for your teeth, they don’t require wires and brackets.
Aside from invisibility and convenience, there are many other reasons to choose Invisalign – here are the top ten.
- They are as effective as traditional braces. Invisalign is as effective as traditional braces. Underbites, overbites, overcrowding, and gaps between teeth are all things that can be addressed when using Invisalign. You will be fitted for several versions of retainers that make slight adjustments to move your teeth over the treatment time. They are made from a clear plastic or acrylic material and fit tightly over the teeth.
- Decreases self-consciousness. An unattractive smile can have a negative effect on one’s self-confidence. Invisalign treatment in Brookline MA can often remove the source of anxiety, allowing people to be themselves and feel confident.
- Improves eating habits. When wearing braces, there are many things you should not and cannot eat, including popcorn, apples, raw carrots and candy. Because they are removable, Invisalign removes these restrictions.
- Shorter treatment time. Invisalign takes between 10 and 24 months depending on the teeth that need to be moved or rotated. After the first visit, you’ll typically visit your orthodontist once every 6 weeks to get a new pair of aligners.
- They’re cost-effective. Your treatment with Invisalign is covered by many dental insurance policies. Many dentists or orthodontists offer monthly payments to make payments convenient and affordable.
- Aesthetically appealing. This is a major reason people choose Invisalign treatment in Brookline MA over traditional braces. The practically invisible units make them almost nonexistent and being able to remove them completely is an obvious bonus.
- They can be used as protective gear and mouth guard replacement. Wearing them while participating in sporting activities can give your teeth more protection.
- Your dental hygienist will appreciate it. Because the aligners are removable, brushing and flossing is easy, so your dental cleaning sessions will be much easier.
- Less painful. Facial muscles get sore when you grind your teeth in your sleep and the only solution is a mouthguard. Wearing Invisalign while working its magic can also help you stop grinding, as there is a protective layer between your teeth.
- They provide a better bite. Orthodontics treatment is not just about a pretty smile. A good bite can stop your jaw from clicking, diminish pain in the joints in and around the mouth and improve chewing.