Compassionate, Gentle & Affordable Assistance With...
While your teeth may be healthy enough, you may not be happy with certain aspects of their cosmetic appearance. Maybe your teeth were stained teeth from a reaction to tetracycline when you were a kid. You could have a chipped tooth. There may be a gap between teeth. Nothing seriously wrong, just aesthetic issues.
When Dr. Bidabadi addresses these types of dental problems this is cosmetic dentistry. The goal is to improve the overall beauty of your smile. After all, everyone deserves a beautiful smile!
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
What is the benefit of having a dazzling smile, not just a healthy one? For instance, porcelain veneers don’t correct those deep stains on your teeth that occurred when you were given tetracycline in your youth. But they sure do make your smile bright white and perfect. If you have a somewhat lower gum line, a “gummy smile,” it’s not necessarily interfering with your oral health, but you find yourself subconsciously not fully smiling to hide your gums. When Dr. Bidabadi contours your gums with our diode laser (which is a virtually painless procedure, by the way), now your teeth appear longer, and your smile is more in balance. No need to hide anything anymore!
Those are the sort of benefits our patients from across the Newton and Brighton areas get with our cosmetic treatments at Soft-Touch.
What cosmetic services do you offer at Soft-Touch?
These are some of the common cosmetic procedures we offer:
- Veneers — Ultra-thin porcelain shells are placed over the front sides of the teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of the teeth. They can correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped, or badly discolored teeth.
- Gum contouring — With the use of our diode laser, Dr. Bidabadi can reduce gummy smiles and adjust the gum line, all without needing sutures and with far less bleeding and minimal discomfort afterwards.
- Tooth-colored fillings — We place only composite resin fillings, which are the color of your natural teeth and invisible once in your tooth. For cosmetic purposes we replace silver amalgam fillings with these tooth-colored alternatives.
- Teeth whitening — We offer in-office or at-home whitening that can make your teeth about eight shades whiter.
- Bonding — Tooth-colored dental resin is used to close gaps, cover badly stained teeth, or cover chips and cracks in teeth.
- Crowns — While crowns are used to anchor bridges and to return strength to a badly decayed or damaged tooth, they can also be purely cosmetic. A crown can cover a misshapen tooth completely, changing the shape and appearance for the long haul.
- Invisalign — Who wants to be a metal mouth? Invisalign® uses clear acrylic aligner trays to move the teeth. So much more comfortable, so much less medieval torture than metal bands, wires, and rubber bands. Our Soft-Touch teens and adults love Invisalign®!
How will I be able to choose the right cosmetic treatment?
When you’re consulting with Dr. Bidabadi about potential cosmetic treatments, you’ll discuss aspects of your smile you don’t like. Maybe your teeth are stained from lots of coffee and red wine. Teeth whitening will be an obvious solution. If you only want to address, say, a single tooth that is misshapen or otherwise cosmetically a problem, you will have options. You could place a crown over the tooth. Dr. Bidabadi could cover the front surface with a single porcelain veneer. You could have her sculpt some composite resin with bonding to change the tooth. The two of you will discuss your options in this case, and you can select what you’d like to do.
When you detail what you don’t like about your smile, Dr. Bidabadi can suggest the treatment options you would need to change your smile.
Can I combine different cosmetic treatments into a single appointment?
Most of our cosmetic treatments at Soft-Touch can be combined into a single appointment to better utilize your time. For instance, if you’re having a silver amalgam filling replaced with tooth-colored composite filling, it would be easy to also have your teeth whitened afterwards. Or Dr. Bidabadi could place some bonding to cover a small chip on a tooth and she could perform gum contouring.
Most of these treatments, except for long-term items such as Invisalign, can be combined.
Are there risks involved with cosmetic dentistry treatments?
These procedures have very low, if any risk. Porcelain veneers and composite bonding simply overlay the front side of the teeth involved. Whitening has proven completely safe over decades of procedures. Laser gum contouring is very efficient, vastly reducing pain and the possibility of infection over previous methods. All in all, there is minimal to no risk with these procedures.