Maintaining your smile is one of the most important aspects of your overall well-being. In fact, having regular dental exams and cleanings can help you stay healthy. For patients residing in Brighton and Newton, Massachusetts, Soft Touch Dentistry offers personalized dental care that addresses your dental needs.
Why Dental Exams and Cleanings Are Important
Scheduling regular dental exams and cleanings does more than keep your smile bright. Both exams and cleanings offer preventive and restorative care as well:
- Preventive Care: Regularly scheduled visits can catch dental issues, such as gingivitis, in the earliest stages. This allows the experienced staff at our practice to create a comprehensive treatment plan that involves less invasive treatments.
- Professional Cleanings: Even the most thorough at-home regimen can leave resistant plaque on your teeth. Professional dental cleanings with our experienced dental hygienist ensure that your teeth are clean, free of cavities, and without signs of gum disease.
- Comprehensive Oral Heath Evaluation: Dr. Bidabadi performs a thorough exam of your entire mouth to ensure that your oral cavity is free of decay, gum disease, or early signs of oral cancer. She will also look at the spaces between your teeth, which can indicate gum disease. Deep spaces or pockets are usually an indication of gum disease, which can be successfully treated with routine exams and cleanings. Additionally, other underlying medical conditions can be diagnosed such as halitosis (bad breath), which can be addressed at the time of your examination.
- Tooth Preservation: When cavities and other dental issues are caught early, it increases your chances of saving the tooth.
- Brighter Smile: When you have regular dental cleanings, your teeth are whiter and brighter.
Benefits of Dental Cleanings
Professional cleanings reduce the amount of plaque that builds up on your teeth. Our dental hygienist uses a special tool to gently remove tartar and plaque on and in between your teeth. During your cleaning, the dental hygienist will brush and floss your teeth as well. They will polish your teeth, leaving your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
At Soft Touch Dentistry, our patients’ experience is what matters most. Dr. Bidabadi has built her practice on the principles of only providing the most comprehensive exams and dental care while making all of her patients feel comfortable throughout their treatments. Dr. Bidabadi and her staff always take a patient-centric approach to dental care, tailoring each patient’s treatment to meet their needs and expectations.
How Often Should I Have My Teeth Cleaned?
It is best to schedule dental cleanings every six months, unless you have an underlying dental issue and need to be seen sooner.
Will Dental Cleanings Help With Bad Breath?
Yes, if bad breath is caused by poor oral hygiene or plaque buildup, having regular dental cleanings can eliminate bad breath.
Are Dental Exams and Cleanings Painful?
No, dental exams and cleanings are not painful. However, some patients may not like the scraping feeling of getting their teeth cleaned.
Are Dental Cleanings and Exams Covered by Insurance?
Depending on your insurance plan, your dental exam and cleaning may be covered. It is best to check with your insurance carrier prior to scheduling your appointment.
Schedule Your Dental Exam Today
Are you looking for a new dentist? With locations in Brighton and Newton, MA, a healthier smile is just a phone call away. Contact Soft Touch Dentistry at 617-782-9250 or 617-332-8146to schedule your dental exam and cleaning today.