If you are looking for an easy way to see great improvements in your smile, veneers may be the answer for you! Read on for some information about porcelain veneers and their many benefits.
What are veneers?
Veneers are simply thin coverings that go over the teeth. They are custom-made for each patient; they can even be made to match the color of your other teeth. The entire process for getting veneers may take a few weeks. Your dentist will make a mold of your teeth and send this to a lab where the veneers will be made. When they are ready, he or she will prepare the tooth by removing a bit of enamel, then will attach the veneer and finish up the process by smoothing and polishing it.
There are many benefits to veneers:
- Although they are thin and may seem delicate, they are actually very durable and last for a very long time – some people find that their veneers last as long as 15 years.
- Veneers can be used to help correct a variety of issues, such as teeth that are so stained they don’t respond to whitening treatments; teeth that are misshapen; teeth that have gaps; and teeth that are chipped.
- They look very natural. People won’t even be able to tell that you have had them placed on your teeth – they’ll just notice that your teeth look stain-free and beautiful.
- Veneers can even be used to help correct crooked teeth. It is a much simpler, less painful, and less expensive option than traditional metal braces!
- You won’t even know you have them on. It may take a few days to get used to them, but once you do you won’t give them a second thought.
Perhaps the best benefit you’ll see from veneers is your great new smile. If you’ve had chipped or stained teeth that have kept you from showing off your smile, you’ll no longer have to be self-conscious. Call Soft Touch Dentistry at the Brighton office at (617) 782-9250 or the Newton office at (617) 332-8146 today, to see if veneers are right for you!