One of the most commonly used dental restoration techniques is dental crowns in Wellesley MA. About 15 million people in the U.S. have crown or bridge replacements.
If you’re interested in learning more about dental crowns, you’ve come to the right place! Keep reading to learn 6 things you need to know about crowns.
- What is a dental crown? A dental crown is a fixed prosthetic that is attached to a tooth or an implant to cover a damaged tooth. When a crown is placed, the permanent implant encases the problem tooth so you can be confident about your teeth again.
- Why dental crowns are used. Dental crowns in Wellesley MA can be used for a variety of purposes including to:
- Protect a weak tooth;
- Restore a broken tooth;
- Improve your smile;
- Support a dental bridge.
- Types of crowns. A permanent crown can be created from a variety of materials, including metal, stainless steel, porcelain-fused-to-metal, resin and ceramic.
- Dental crowns in Wellesley MA are designed to last. If you take care of your crowns, they can last a lifetime. While some crowns are more prone to chipping or breakage, it’s up to you to take care of them. Taking proper care of your dental crown involves:
- Brushing and flossing at least twice a day;
- Visiting your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings;
- Avoiding sticky foods, such as toffee, caramel, and chewing gum;
- Avoiding hard foods, such as hard candies and ice.
- Common dental crown issues. Taking care of your dental crown is the first step in protecting it. But problems do occur. Common dental crown problems include:
- A loose or chipped crown;
- Discomfort and/or sensitivity;
- Loss of a crown;
- Dark line on tooth with a crown;
- Allergic reaction.
If you experience any of these issues, it is best to contact your dentist.
- Good candidates for dental crowns. A dental crown may be suitable for you if you have major tooth decay or tooth damage or need added support for a tooth. While you may need major tooth restoration, always consult your dentist to determine the dental procedures needed to restore and repair your smile.
If you are tired of your teeth controlling your self-confidence and you want a healthier smile, dental crowns in Wellesley MA may be your best option. A happy smile is a healthy smile – contact us today and let us help you take charge of your dental health and create the smile of your dreams.