Here at Soft Touch Dentistry, Dr. Bidabadi uses tooth colored fillings in Brighton to fix a number of dental problems. It can be used to repair a tooth that is fractured, cracked, or decayed. The use of tooth colored fillings is considered when it is easy to work on the remaining tooth structure and the affected tooth is still stable. The filling is hardened in-office and then polished to ensure it perfectly blends with natural teeth.
Tooth colored fillings can last up to ten years with proper care. Here are some things you can do to ensure your fillings last long.
- Do not forget the basics. Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Apply the proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Visit your dentist regularly. Go to your dentist two times a year unless you are advised to have check-ups at closer intervals.
- Avoid chewing very hard foods like raw carrots since this can cause chipping of teeth.
- Avoid foods that stain teeth since fillings will become noticeable if your natural teeth are stained. Your natural teeth and the fillings may not have the same color once they are stained.
- If you notice that something is wrong with your fillings, visit your dentist right away. Fillings will be checked to determine if repair or replacement is needed.
Besides proper care, it is also important to choose the right dentist when getting dental fillings. You want a dentist with extensive experience like Dr. Bidabadi.
For more information on how to care for your tooth colored fillings and to schedule your regular dental check-up, call us at 617-782-9250 or fill out this online contact form. We would love to help you maintain your beautiful smile!