Invisalign® Newton & Brighton, MA
Need Teeth Straightening in Newton or Brighton, MA?
What is Invisalign®?
Having a proper bite and straight teeth is one of the most important steps in preserving your teeth. Crooked teeth trap food in hard to reach areas. Incorrect bite increases the friction between your top and bottom teeth, potentially causing cracks and fractures. Invisalign® is a non-metal approach for straightening your teeth and to help you achieve a more healthy, attractive smile. These almost invisible aligners offered at Soft Touch Dentistry in Newton and Brighton, MA, are removable as to allow for brushing and flossing during treatment, as well as to allow for the greatest level of patient comfort.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for only you. The trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place. Invisalign® does not use metal brackets and there are no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners every two weeks until your treatment is complete. Best of all, most people will never realize you’re straightening your teeth.
Why Should I Consider Invisalign® Instead Of Braces To Straighten My Teeth?
Metal dental braces have long been used as a way of straightening the alignment of the teeth with the use of metal, or sometimes ceramic, brackets and wires in order to pressure the teeth in the right contour. Dr. Bidabadi will examine you first to see whether you are a candidate for the traditional metal braces.
Unlike traditional braces,
- Invisalign® trays are easily removable by the patient.
- This allows for easier cleaning and the removal of food from in between your teeth hence preventing tooth decay.
- Patients with clear braces can easily enjoy foods such as popcorn that is off-limits for those wearing traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign® uses clear plastic and looks natural throughout the entire straightening process without using wires and brackets. While barely noticeable to others, you can be comfortable knowing that you can easily remove the tray for a special occasion.
- Invisalign® treatment is often more accommodating to busy schedules with less frequent dental visits. You can expect to visit Dr. Bidabadi only every six weeks.
Are Clear Braces As Effective As Traditional Braces?
At Soft Touch Dentistry in Brighton and Newton, MA, Dr. Bidabadi is excellently trained and experienced with Invisalign® treatments. She will perform precise calibrations of your mouth and teeth to ensure that the clear brace aligners are fitted comfortably, if not perfectly. Dr. Bidabadi will take time to discuss and examine carefully your dental situation and goals to yield results as effective as those obtained through traditional braces. During your initial consultation, Dr. Bidabadi will determine whether you are a candidate.