In the past, the only remedy to losing a tooth – or teeth – was a fixed bridge or removable dentures. And we all know the trouble we have to go through to maintain them, not to mention the discomfort that accompanies them. Dental implants in Newton were a breath of fresh air as well as a cause for relief for those in the dental community.
Today we’re sharing a few things you need to know about dental implants, especially if you are planning on getting one (or more).
1. Dental implant procedures experience a high success rate. The success rate of dental implant procedures varies depending on the oral health of the patients who are getting the implants and the skill of the person who performs the procedure. Dental implants in Newton enjoy a success rate of up to 95%.
2. Implants feel and look completely natural. When it comes to feeling and appearance, the only difference between real teeth and dental implants is that they are not real teeth. They are tailored to feel, fit, and look exactly like your other teeth. Dental implants in Newton get their natural feel because they are bonded to the bone, and special care is taken in the design of the crown to ensure that it looks just like your natural teeth.
3. Implants make eating easier. Unlike other dental treatments, implants enable you to enjoy a more satisfying chewing experience. Traditional dentures often slide, making it difficult to enjoy chewing. Dental implants function like your natural teeth so you can eat all your favorite foods without any added effort or pain.
4. Dental implants in Newton serve as a replacement for the roots of your missing tooth/teeth. When you lose a tooth, a void is created where the root was. Unfortunately, most tooth replacement options only focus on replacing the crown of the teeth. Dental implants focus on the parts of the teeth that cannot be seen – namely the roots.
Implants are placed so that they make contact with the bone and trick it into thinking that the roots of the teeth are still there. This encourages it to grow new tissue around the implant and create a natural bond between metal and bone. Without the dental implant in the root position, you will lose jawbone density and mass over time.
5. Implants can help protect your healthy teeth. When you lose a tooth, one of the most common replacement options has been the dental bridge. This often involves cutting off some parts of adjacent healthy teeth to ensure a proper balance of the dental bridge. Thanks to dental implants, a crown or bridge can be positioned on the dental implant itself and other teeth do not need to suffer
Dental implants in Newton are a way of ensuring that healthy teeth stay healthy while still providing a foundation in your jawbone to support whatever dental prosthesis you are inserting and hold it firmly in place. If you would like to know if they are an option for your missing tooth/teeth, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.